Wednesday 17 July 2013

The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.3) by Sarah J. Maas (2012)


Description from Goodreads:


When the King of the Assassins gives Celaena Sardothien a special assignment that will help fight slavery in the kingdom, she jumps at the chance to strike a blow against an evil practise. The mission is a dark and deadly affair which takes Celaena from the rooftops of the city to the bottom of the sewer—and she doesn’t like what she finds there.

--

I think I'm going to squeal soon out of love. The short stories get better and better with the each novella. I'm completely in love with the world and characters of Throne of Glass. I think I would sell my soul if could get my hands on the future books. I just love them so much. I have grown on Celaena more than I could have ever imagined and she is just simply the best heroine I've encountered for a loooong time. I think she is even better than Katniss in The Hunger Games.


In The Assassin and the Underworld we get another thrilling story, the best one so far. It includes twists I didn't see coming, and the plot kept me guessing. Nevertheless, the best part probably is the relationship between Celaena and Sam, as it moves to another level. There is no insta-love, but Celaena's love for Sam grows gradually, even though he has loved her for ages. It is just wonderful to read how Celaena's thoughts for Sam change from hate to love, and much this change affects Celaena. 

I'm also incredibly hyped up because we got to know Aborynn better. Even though he is a menacing and cruel, he also is extremely interesting character. He is the King Assassin of Adarlan and so naturally is one of the most powerful men in the Adarlan. He is described as rather normal-looking man, yet awfully charming and irresistible. He is probably one of my favourite villains at the moment. But then again, I think everything of Throne of Glass is my favourite thing at the moment.


"He brushed his lips against hers. "I love you," he breathed against her mouth. "And from today onward, I want to never be separated from you. Wherever you go, I go. Even if that means going to hell itself, wherever you are, that's where I want to be. Forever." Celaena put her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply, giving him her silent response." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!