Monday 25 March 2019

I rediscovered beautiful quotes by accident

I found this random unpublished post which didn't even have a title. I opened the document, and I found all these beautiful quotes I had been collecting maybe 3-5 years ago! I think I'm going to make this a regular post, maybe not every week or month but maybe 3-4 times a year. Just enough time to forget I had highlighted the lines in the first place!

But here are some beautiful random quotes, I honestly don't even remember collecting them, but they must have left me pondering or just caught up in the emotion for one reason or another. Hope you enjoy them as much as I apparently did!


"I'm sinking," she says. "You're not," I lie.
One by Sarah Crossan

"Then you can take care of yourself". And of course, she was right. Self-sufficiency is one of the few benefits of being lonely. 
Mirrored by Alex Flinn

Seems like I've been waiting for you to come around my whole life, Lee. But a man can't wait forever and stay a man. 
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson

"I think all the good stuff is always supposed to be a little bit scary," he says. 
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

Maybe other people have invited me to do things and I've said no before giving it a chance. Maybe all of this is my fault, just not in the way I thought. 'You watch the world, Bean'. Tucker is right. I do watch the world. I do assume. I do all of those things - alone.
Between Us and the Moon by Rebecca Maizel

They had all their terrors, but at least the spiders that lived in the new girl's veins were imaginary Grace had learned a long time ago that the true horror of this world were other people.
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis

Anxiety is feeling grown too large. A feeling frown aggressive and dangerous.
 The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

When I was born, I was born screaming. It was the same for almost everyone I've ever heard of; if you weren't born screaming, then you were probably born with too much optimism.
Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas

For me, the middle ground doesn't exist. 
Paperweight by Meg Haston

"Thank you-- Sarkan." His name tasted of fire and wings, of curling smoke, of subtlety and strength and the rasping whisper of scales. 
Uprooted by Naomi Novik

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!