Tuesday 5 March 2019

Top Ten Tuesday #34 - Characters I'd like to switch places with




Top Ten Tuesday this week is about 

  Top Ten Characters I'd like to switch places with 
(In no particular order)


 

Jude from the Folk of the Fair series by Holly Black

Okay so maybe Jude isn't exactly well treated among the fairies. She is mentally and physically bullied, but oh damn does she live in an interesting world among the generals and the princes... 

23437156

Nina Zenik from Six of Crows duology/Grishaverse

Nina Zenik is a smart, strong, beautiful, determined, funny and warm person, so who wouldn't want to be her? And besides, she has a pretty good looking fellow too (or does she?)


25883848

Lucy Hutton from The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

I'm not usually the one for steamy contemporary books, but The Hating Game blew me away! Especially when the whole experience was from an audiobook. The love interest Joshua Templeton is one beautiful man and Lucy one lucky girl.

28145767

Lazlo Strange from Strange the Dreamer Duology by Laini Taylor

Lazlo finds out there is a whole new world out there that he could have never fathomed in his deepest, the most secret dreams. And on top of that, he meets the love of his life and of course, then there's no turning back.

25442488

Agnieszka from Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Another story about discovering a whole new world (but in a smaller different scale than in Strange the Dreamer), overcoming your fears and predispositions. A great character development arc!

5996120

Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

Enough said!

17697801

Sabetha Belacoros from Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch

Sabetha isn't fully introduced into the storyline until the third book so I don't want to spoil anything else, so all that I'm going to say is that she is badass!

Aiheeseen liittyvä kuva

Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle by Diane Wynne Jones

Another story about another girl discovering something unexpected and great. Never gets old!!

42844155

Hermione Granger from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

I'm guessing Hermione will be on so many lists this week, but honestly, Hermione got the best of two worlds: she gets to grow up in the muggle world, but gets to grow old in the magic one. She gets to go to Hogwarts when she is about to reach the age when children stop believing in magic, so the magic never loses its glory. Besides Hermione is smart, resourceful, and unselfish!

17 comments:

  1. Howl's Moving Castle sounds like such a good read.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend reading, it's a fast and fun read :)

      Delete
  2. That is a fab cover for Uprooted! I'm definitely in for switching places with Agnieszka.
    Dani @ The Restricted Section

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore that cover of Uprooted as well! I want to get as hardcover, but all the online stores and my local book store don't carry it :(

      Delete
  3. There are so many of these I hesistated in putting in my list. Like for sure Elizabeth Bennett cause 1) she's amazing and independent and 2) well Darcy! Jude and Nina are some fierce ladies, though their journey isn't always an easy one I think they would still be fun to switch place with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely understand the hesitation - not the easiest lives one could lead!

      Delete
  4. You are brave cause some of them have pretty rough lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely do have rough lives, but the rewards are pretty amazing too!

      Delete
  5. You've picked some amazing characters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hermione made my list this week too! I also love your pick of Lizzie Bennett.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jude has me really interested in reading the Cruel Prince books. I've heard enough and seen enough reviews now that I really want to get that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a chance! Very fast paced and lots of political intrigue and drama :)

      Delete
  8. Hermione has been on a lot of lists today. I understand why. She has a very unusual life.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't have the easiest life, but a really interesting one at that!

      Delete
  9. I have The Hating Game on my shelf because of an order mix up with Book Outlet; someday I should give it a read. Also, I STILL haven't read a single Leigh Bardugo book, but do want to remedy this. They sound so unique! :)

    Thanks so much for the Finding Wonderland visit last week, Sofia.

    ReplyDelete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!