Sunday 1 June 2014

Sunday Post (#7)


"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead." 

 What I read this week 

❄ The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Lesley Walton
❄ The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima 
❄ Branded (Sinners #1) by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki

✿ Reviews ✿

Looking For Alaska by John Green 
❄ Vicious (Vicious #1) by Victoria Schwab 
❄ The Three  by Sarah Lotz 

✿ Memes ✿

 Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm dying to read
 Waiting on Wednesday 
❄ Stacking the Shelves
Monthly Wrap Up

✿ Around the blogosphere and elsewhere ✿

 New Releases On June
❄ The First Official Poster for 'If I Stay'
❄ Want to link up your neglected reviews and give aways?
❄ Old vs. New Releases

✿ What else I've been up to this week ✿

1. SUMMER HOLIDAY!! (sort of). So I've have been enjoying my summer holiday for almost 2 weeks now - ahh, the bliss. No uni assignments, no studying until late into the night. The break definitely was welcomed after 2 months of constant reading for the finals. However, my summer job starts on Monday so my summer holiday won't be that long after all. But I don't mind having the job as it seems really interesting and of course I do need the money.

3. An appointment with an optic. The last time I went to see an optician was almost 3 years so ago so I thought it would about time to go and check my eye sight. Apparently, it hadn't got any worse even though my new glasses will have some adjustments. I'm pretty stoked about getting new glasses as I still have my first pair ever (which I don't even use that often anymore because I don't like them that much). 

4. A family tree. One of my cousins send me a this really extensive family tree from my mom's side. It was pretty cool (and sad) to learn some family history, like how my grand-grand-grandfather was from a pretty rich family, but when his parents died, the town hijacked the house and their lands. In other words, he and his siblings had to start from a completely clean slate and apparently the rest of my grand-grand-grandfather's life was pretty miserable.





14 comments:

  1. Your cousin did pretty deep researches, I got a family tree too (going back to the 1400's) but no details on it. Enjoy your holidays and have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your family tree goes pretty far away - I think mine went back only to the 1700's. :) It was pretty fun nevertheless to find out things about the family!

      Delete
  2. I'm into family history too - mine aren't that illustrious but they were polite enough to stay in the one area so they were easy to research. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea how fun it could be. Now I'd like to do research about my dad's side as well. :) I hope you're having a nice weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to find out about my family tree as well sounds really interesting to find out about what your family has been through. Hope you have a great week.
    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been rather interesting! I think I want to do even more research in the future. :)

      Delete
  4. New follower! I see you're reading Deeper We Fall. I enjoyed that one better than I was expecting to. I never was interested in my family tree when I was younger, but we just had a family reunion last weekend and that sparked me thinking about a lot of that stuff. Hope you have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! :) I have read only 25% but so far I haven't really found anything extraordinary about it, even though I'm enjoying it alright. Family trees are so interesting - I would have never guessed!

      Delete
  5. My sister-in-law did a family tree on my fathers side of the family a few years ago, it was pretty interesting too see it all.. Enjoy your week.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be checking out Looking for Alaska, as I suspect that, after reading The Fault in Our Stars, I will be a fan of the author.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer holiday is always nice, especially when the weather gets really good. Too bad work has to always intrude. :) Family trees can be interesting, we found out some fun info from ours a few years back. So much history there, how their lives were back then...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah, summer holiday. Nice. I hope you like your summer job.

    My aunt did a family tree but she didn't get that kind of detail; that would have been so interesting.

    Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for summer break! That is so cool, and yes, sad, about the family tree info. I love that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh.. It's always fun to research your family tree! Hope you have a great week.

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!