Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunday Post #10


"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead." 

 What I read this week 

The Mirror Empire (Worldbreaker Saga #1) by Kameron Hurley

✿ Reviews ✿

❄ Nihal of the Land of the Wind (The Underworld Chronicles #1) by Licia Troisi  

✿ Memes ✿

 Waiting on Wednesday 


✿ Around the blogosphere and elsewhere ✿

 Second Chances by The Perpetual Page Turner 
❄ Shadow Hunters TV series 
❄ The first chapter of the Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy #2) by Marie Rutkoski
❄ The release of the map for the Winner's Trilogy  (which is gorgeous by the way)

✿ What else I've been up to this week ✿

1. Back in the business. Yes, I'm back. I disappeared for over 6 months because I was working really hard at one point, and just didn't have the energy anymore for blogging (I kept reading though, but just running the blog didn't feel good at that point). Then the summer was over and I went back to uni, and guess what? I didn't have time to blog then either, even though I wanted to. So, even though I'm still a busy bee with all the uni stuff, I'm determined to continue blogging, because I love it. I love writing the reviews, I love doing the weekly memes, and I love meeting new people and finding new blogs. So yes. I'm back in the business.

2. Dissertation. I'm a fourth year student in uni, meaning that I'll get my Bachelor's Degree with Honours in June, yay! That means though that I still have plenty of assignments to write, and I still need to finish my dissertation. Fortunately, I've managed my time super efficiently this semester, so it's not as hectic time as it is for the most of the people in my year. Still, I have to admit it's a bit stressful time, and not to mention scary too!

3. Boring in terms of reading. I managed to read only one book this week. One. Book. Kind of sad, but then again I've been busy. I can always use that as an excuse. Hopefully, next week I'll finish at least two books so that I can write some reviews!





10 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! I knew you hadn't been on for a while but I hadn't realised it was that long! *waves* Good luck getting the rest of your work done-and you know the tough times will have been worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there *waves back*!! Yeah, I know - time passes so fast. It kind of scared me how long it has been since the last post.. But thank you, I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, and enjoy your week...I haven't read The Night Circus, but I've been curious.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Night Circus seems so magical read, so I just had to get it to myself. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. It sounds like you've been busy and now you are almost there. Just a few months and your done! Congratulations:) I'm curious what you think of Night Circus. I recently finished it.
    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/22/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-98-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm having a bit of difficulties with the Night Circus because I'm not at home that much, and it's such a huge book (hardcover) so I don't want to carry it around. :/ Hopefully, I can really get into it during the weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love The Night Circus. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back into business, blogging and dealing with the real world can be troublesome ! A bachelor in june, time will fly until then ! Though maybe, while going through the dissertation/assignments, it won't look like that to you :) Have a greta week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right about that. ;) But I'm sure it all will be over sooner than I'd like it to be. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!