Sunday 8 November 2015

Sunday Post (#29): Weekly Recap



"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead." 
 What I read this week 

❄ Assassin's Apprentice (Faseer Trilogy #1) by Robin Hobb


✿ Reviews ✿

❄ A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis 
❄ Ash and Bramble by Sarah Prines 
❄ Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

✿ Memes ✿


❄ Top Ten Tuesday: Debut Authors
❄ Waiting on Wednesday: Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton 
❄ Stacking the Shelves 


✿ Around the blogosphere and elsewhere ✿


❄ First Stills of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" 
❄ NanoWrimo



✿ What else I've been up to this week ✿


1. NaNoWriMo. I had no idea that such a wonderful annual event took place! I think I was super lucky that I had my nose buried in my laptop last Sunday because I came across a post where the blogger was hyping about the upcoming month. And you may ask why? Because of National Novel Writing Month! 

So it's my first year participating in this, but I'm loving it so much already. The basic idea is like the name suggest: write a novel within a month, or in other words, 50 000 words. What I've seen a lot around is that you just focus getting that 50K by the end of the month, to get the story out there, and then edit the shit out of it later. NaNoWriMo isn't just about writing alone either, but there are writing sprints, competitions, and talks with famous authors (yesterday it was with Marissa Meyer, she is so aweosome). The community is so supporting and welcoming, which makes me feel like this is my 10th time participating.

My progress so far is that I reached 20k yesterday and hoping to have 25k by tonight!

I don't know if all this that I'm just being in this weird frenzy writing not doing much else (I haven't even read that much!!) sounds nerdy or cool to you (I think it's super cool). But I'm enjoying it so much, even though I've been a bit isolated this week. Whoopsie.


✿ Have a lovely Sunday! ✿






11 comments:

  1. 20,000 words already?!? You're making me feel like an amateur ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'm pretty surprised myself that I've been so committed to this project. If you're going NaNoWriMo too - all the best!! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved NaNoWriMo...I did it in 2010...and then went on to finish and publish my sixth novel.

    Enjoy...and good luck with your education. I was a psychology major, and then went on the get my graduate degree. It all led to a pretty satisfying career.

    Here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said that you loved it, what was the best part of NaNoWriMo for you? :)

      And thank you so much! I really think that psychology is my area of study/profession, but there's so much out there that I could do that I'm not sure what to do with my life after I graduate..

      Delete
  3. I am glad you are enjoying the Nanowrimo challenge. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with NaNo, 20k already is great! How did you like the Robin Hobb? I read that whole series a few years back and enjoyed then, she really puts those characters through the ringer, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg!

      I'm glad you liked Assassin's Apprentice, I thought it was really good too! It had a pretty slow start, but it didn't really bother me that much since the setting of the future events was so well done :) And I love Hobb's characters - they are so unique and multidimensional, I envy her ability to have so distinct voices in her novels.

      Delete
  5. Wow! 20k I am so jealous! I'm at 12k... I really rocked it my first NANo. Finished in 18 days, seems you'll finish sooner than that! I'm taking my time this Nano... I am super nervous about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in this weird writing frenzy, but I'm pretty sure that my word counts will fall the longer NaNoWriMo lasts.. :)

      And I think it's good if you take your time with your novel, won't necessarily have to do that much more editing later on ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow, you're doing fabulously for NaNoWriMo - 20K words is great....

    I quit after day one.... #oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Well there's always next year :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!