Wednesday 11 November 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#33): Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke


Waiting on Wednesday is about sharing a book every week you cannot wait to be published. 

This week, I'm waiting on



Wink Poppy Midnight
by April Genevieve Tucholke



Description from Goodreads

The intrigue of The Virgin Suicides and the "supernatural or not" question of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer coalesce in this young adult mystery, where nothing is quite as it seems, no one is quite who you think, and everything can change on a dime.

Every story needs a hero.
Every story needs a villain.
Every story needs a secret.

Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous.

What really happened?
Someone knows.
Someone is lying.


For fans of Holly Black, We Were Liars, and The Raven Boys, this mysterious tale full of intrigue, dread, beauty, and a whiff of something strange will leave you utterly entranced.



Genre: Young adult, Thriller, Mystery, Contemporary, Fantasy


Pages: 352

Expected Publication: March 22, 2016

Publisher: Dial Books

I've read exactly one book from Tucholke: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. I think it was about two and half years ago and probably a hundred books later, but still the book still lingers in my mind. Why you may ask? Because the story was so haunting, so lyrical, and so unique, that I was equally perplexed and fascinated by it. 

I remember thinking that I have no idea how I should rate it, should I give all the five stars or just two stars? I ended up giving it a solid three, even though later on I've thought that it definitely deserved more.

And now a new book is coming from Tucholke!! And look at that intrigue - I need to have this book. 



4 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of the other book by Tucholke that you mentioned and I also haven't read anything else by her but I'm very excited for this one! It sounds AMAZING! The cover is gorgeous too! Can't wait to read it! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound really cool! So many good sounding books will be released in 2016 :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen this around a lot today! I love the cover and the title! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting and I love the cover and title, it's actually the 'for fans of...' that's kind of putting me off hahaha. I think I'll give it a go anyway because it definitely sounds interesting and I do love Mara Dyer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!