Monday 18 May 2015

Bout of Books 13: Wrap-Up




Congratulations! 
You have survived Bout of Books 13!

Here are important informational nuggets you probably want to know:

  • Bout of Books 14 will be from August 18 to August 23rd.
  • The Grand Prize winner will be announced TOMORROW.
  • Challenge hosts are responsible for announcing their own winners.

Wrap-up

The goal amount to read books: 3-4

The actual amount of books read: 5

  • The Stars Never Rise (Untitled series #1) by Rachel Vincet
  • The Painted Man (Demon Cycle #1) by Peter V. Brett  
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon 
  • Leviathan (Leviathan #1) by Scott Westerfeld 
  • Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut 

The total amount of pages read: 1665

The estimated amount of time dedicated for reading: 27 hours (~4 hours a day) (I probably should remind you that I'm a student on a summer holiday so that's the reason why I have had so much time at my hands - and I'm loving it!!)

The total amount of participations in mini-challanges: 3 


General thoughts:

My BoB didn't start so well. I was in a bit of a reading slump just before, and I really hoped that the participation in this event could help me lift up from that slump. So, naturally, I didn't get much reading done on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. But then when I picked up the rhythm of daily reading, it was so fantastic, and I actually spent Saturday just reading. THE WHOLE DAY. It was tiring to say the least, but also so much fun to just read and overdose myself with coffee. 

I'm pretty pleased that I managed to read more than first targeted, and I'm hoping that I'll keep reading at least four books a week this whole summer. But no promises though! Two of the books that I read during BoB were YA books, one was a fictional story about autistic teenager, one classic, and the fifth was (or technically, it was the second book I read) an epic fantasy novel. So I think I covered a pretty good range of genres! 

A huge thank you for the event organisers and the mini-challenge hosts! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. I want to read The Stars Never Rise so badly - I hope it was good. Also, I read The Painted Man a few years ago and it was one of my favorite readings back then. I just couldn't put the book down.

    Hope you had fun during the read-a-thon. Happy readings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked both books, so happy that I got a chance to read them this week :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you had a great readathon, managing to read 5 books and well over 1000 pages, congratulations. Glad the event helped with your reading slump, because they're really hard to get out of sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The reading slumps are the worst, so I'm glad too that the event helped :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!