Tuesday 12 May 2015

Bout of Books Day 1: Bookish Survey



Bookish Survey 


And so it begins - the first challenge!


1. How do you organize your shelves?


A very good question because it really depends on my mood! At the moment my books are organised by the colour of their spines, usually starting from the brightest colours and meeting at the middle as white or black. Sometimes, I like to organise them in an alphabetical order, sometimes they are positioned in the order I want to read them.


2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres?

The thing is that I'm abhorrently stuck with my own ways and don't read that much outside my favourite genres anymore which are fantasy and science fiction. Realistic fiction would probably be the second best genre, and my favourite book from that genre definitely is Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. 

3. What is the last 5 star book you read?

The thing is that I rarely give any 5 star reviews so it's pretty easy to remember which one it was, and it was Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman.

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?

Hmm, I made a list of them here, and I guess I would have to say that The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett or Talon by Julie Kagawa. The thing is, though, that I've just made a bunch of new review copy requests, so I might change the list sooner rather than later haha. 

5. What book do you recommend the most?

Ohh, the question. Can I recommend five? Oh, I can? GREAT. The Handmaids's Tale by Margaret Atwood, The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Lesley Walton, and A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. 


But I guess, if I really had to pick one... It would be A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin.


2 comments:

  1. I've heard The Painted Man is amazing, but I've never been one to read high fantasy. I hope you enjoy it. Good luck for the readathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shop assistant in my local bookstore kept telling me how good The Painted Man is so I had to give in and buy it (oh the horror, haha) :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!