Tuesday 12 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#22): Authors I want to meet


Top Ten Tuesday this week is about 

 Authors I want to meet 
(In no particular order)

1. Sarah J. Maas (e.g. Throne of Glass series)The Empress of kickass heroines and tragedies.

2.  George R.R. Martin (e.g. A Song of Ice and Fire series)The King of all-conquering fantasy and violence.

3. Chuck Palahniuk (e.g. Fight Club). The Prince of dark humour and controversies. 

4. J.K. Rowling (e.g. Harry Potter series)The Queen of magic and undying love. 

5. John Green (e.g. The Fault in Our Stars)The Viscount of smart dialogue and salty tears. 

6. Ernest Cline (e.g. Ready Player One). The Grand Duke of geekiness and imagination. 

7.  Margaret Atwood (e.g. The Handmaid's Tale). The Duchess of feminism and dystopia. 

8.  Scott Lynch (e.g. Gentleman Bastard series) . The Earl of twists and turns and broken hearts. 

9. Brandon Sanderson (e.g. Mistborn series)The Baron of adventures and brilliant characters.

10. Oliver Sacks (e.g. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales). The Emperor of neurology and humanity. 


I decided to go with authors who still breath and write, instead of including writers who have already passed (unfortunately, Oliver Sacks has recently announced that he has a terminal cancer and it is just unbelievably sad). 

16 comments:

  1. Good list! I need to read The Handmaiden's Tale soon, it's been on my TBR for years. I'm currently reading Ready Player One and enjoying it.

    Here's my:TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you've an excellent taste then! ;) I hope that THT is going to be as phenomenal for you as it was for me!

      Delete

  2. I absolutely love that you chose Rowling because she's such an amazing writer and she seems like a pretty great person.
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that conversations with her would end up being really insightful and inspiring :)

      Delete
  3. I had Margaret Atwood on my list as well, I would LOVE to meet her, the grand duchess indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I living Scotland, and I'm just dying her to visit here someday! It would be so amazing hear her talk about her writing and inspirations :)

      Delete
  4. I need to meet Sarah and Rowling it would make my life feel complete, haha. Lovely list you have here. XD
    Happy Reading x
    My TTT: http://simplybookishthings.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-6-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably die out of happiness and shock if I was able to meet those two! It would be amazing :)

      Delete
  5. I have Sarah J. Maas and J. K. Rowling on my list as well, and luckily I get to cross off Maas from my list because she's doing a signing in my city tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, you lucky duck! I hope you have a great meet-and-greet!! :)

      Delete
  6. Margaret Atwood made my TTT post this week too. Nice list of authors.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is really something special! Thanks for stepping by and I'll make sure I'll come by your blog too :)

      Delete
  7. JK Rowling and Sarah J Maas were both on my list too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/top-ten-tuesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both amazing fantasy authors :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love George R. R. Martin's books, but he didn't make it on my list because I think I would be horribly intimidated if I ever met him :D He is one of my favorite authors, though :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, needless to say I'd probably be too, but we could always communicate with our petrified eyes :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!