Sunday 17 May 2015

Sunday Post (#14)



"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead." 
 What I read this week 

❄ The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent 

❄ The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett
❄ The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
❄ Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

✿ Reviews ✿


 Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman  5 STARS

✿ Memes ✿



❄ Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I want to meet
❄ Waiting on Wednesday: Armada by Cline Ernest
❄ Stacking the Shelves 
❄ Bout of Book Challenges: Day 1, Day 2, Day 4 


✿ Around the blogosphere and elsewhere ✿


 Bout of Books 13 

❄ What Makes a Story a Fairytale? 
❄ Lessons from the first year of book blogging

✿ What else I've been up to this week ✿


1. Bout of Books. I'm so pleased that I managed to sign up before it was too late, because I've been missing out so many BoB/read-a-thons lately. It was really nice to curl up with a book for the whole day and just enjoy books and me-time. At the moment, I've read four books, but I'm trying to read a short book today to reach five in total.


2. Flat all to myself. My flatmate left for a holiday, so the flat will be all mine for a couple of weeks - yay! Even though I miss my flatmate and her goofy personality, it's still nice to do whatever you want and not to worry about if I'm bothering the other person living here.


3. Planning. Planning. I'm going to start grad school in autumn and the university is at a completely new location for me (never been there before), so I have quite a bit of planning ahead of me. To find a new flat, to organise how to move all my stuff (i.e. books), maybe try to contact my new classmates, book flights, etc etc. I'm not stressed and I plan not to get stressed at all, so that's why I've started to do plan so early.


Updates on Bout of Books

Number of books I've read today: 1

Total number of books I've read: 4

Books:
  1. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
  2. The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett
  3. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
  4. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld


✿ Have a lovely Sunday! ✿



2 comments:

  1. Great job on bout of Books! I liked your Top Ten list this week, I was fortunate enough to meet George Martin at a book signing a few years back. He was very cool.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lucky you! How was it? If I ever get a chance to meet him, I'll probably be so starstruck that I won't be able to get a word out of my mouth :)

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!