Tuesday 3 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #19: All time favourites from the past 3 years


Top Ten Tuesday this week is about 

 All time favourite books from the past 3 years 
(In no particular order)

1. The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard #1) by Scott Lynch. Seriously, this is such a wonderful and exciting novel! It's not only my all time favourite book from the past 3 years, but from the past 22 years I've lived! Drama, action, mischief, mystery, witty dialogue, and some of the best characters ever written!

2.  Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson. I have no idea why it took me so long to read this. I just finished reading this beauty a month ago and I'm just dying the read the book 2. Such an amazing story-telling and world-building from Sanderson.

3. Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan. So this isn't a book per se, but I just couldn't help myself from adding Saga to this list. I haven't really read that many graphic novels, but still this is some of the best scifi and drawing I've seen for a long time. 

4. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. If you don't already know, I love magical realism. I absolutely adore it. And this novel didn't just execute it perfectly, it also had a heart-breaking storyline - all my favourite things combined. 

5.  Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. RPO changed my view of scifi permanently. There's no going back to the second-class attempts to create a fascinating and original scifi concept. Hmm. Just talking about RPO makes me want to read it again!

6. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. I think my review of the book sums my thoughts about this book perfectly, so just click the link if interested!

7. A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R.R. Martin. Who doesn't love A Song of Ice and Fire? The third book just happens to be my favourite - it has all the best scenes!

8.  Rain (Paper Gods #2) by Amanda Sun. I didn't fall in love with the first book, but Rain, the second instalment, just blew my mind and made me terrifyingly invested in the characters and the storyline. The third and final book of the trilogy comes out on June/Summer, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen to the main characters!

9. All Our Yesterdays by Christin Terrill. Well-written and executed time-travel novels caress my mind and soul. 

10. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas. Throne of Glass is one of my favourite YA series, and Crown of Midnight is by far my favourite book so far - utter perfection. You fellow readers who have read COM know what I'm talking about. 




4 comments:

  1. I liked All Our Yesterdays. It was well put together and I liked all the twists and turns. It wouldn't make it into my top ten but I did like reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember I was so impressed by the whole book when I read it, so I decided to put it to my list this week. If I'm being completely honest, I've read All Our Yesterdays only once, so I might have a different opinion the second time. But I really hope not!

      Delete
  2. Great picks! Ready Player One was such an awesome book. All Our Yesterdays was pretty great too! I hope you have a great week. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those are so good books. :) I wish I could read them for the first time once again! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!