Saturday 17 August 2013

Stacking the Shelves (#5)


It's Saturday and so it's time for Stacking the Shelves!
Here's what I managed to get my hands on:


Paperbacks:

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

(I can't believe) I haven't read any Neil Gaiman books, so when I went to the bookstore a few days back I went straight to the fiction section and sought American Gods. It has gotten pretty good reviews so I hope I won't be let down!

The Mammoth Book of Angels and Demons was only £2 at The Works, and as I'm really interesting in the mythology and conflicts of angel/demon goodness/badness I needed to have this collection of short stories. Even George R.R. Martin has written one of the stories! 

Have you read any of these? Were they any good? I'm pretty excited about these two!



11 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Neil Gaiman books either but must do soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, people seem to love them, so we need to give them a try. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes I saw the second book on a blog, and it sound really great. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really looking forward to them. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Neil Gaiman!!

    Happy reading, I hope you love them all!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves post over at Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll love him too. :) Thanks for stoppin by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I hear Neil Gaiman is great, have to check out a novel by him soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. American Gods was the first book I've read by Neil Gaiman, but I was very disappointed. It sounded great, but it didn't impress me, it was too dark and depressing. Or maybe I just didn't get it because I'm not from USA haha :D I've read Coraline and liked it and I will read more of his books. I hope you like both of these!

    My Stacking the Shelves post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you didn't like it. :( Fortunately, I sometimes like to read some dark and depressing text, so hopefully I'll be fine. :D I've wanted to read Stardust and Neverwhere for really long time, so if I don' like American Gods, maybe I'll try those next. Or Coraline which you liked! :)

      Delete
  6. I've only read one book by Gaiman, but I enjoyed it. Plus, he wrote an ep of Doctor Who (which is always awesome in my book). Happy reading :)

    Lizzy @ Cornucopia of Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's cool, I never knew that! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

You can't see me, but I'm totally doing my happy dance as I read your comment!